We Call it Home


For members of Beta Beta, the house at 5 Chapel Lane is an important element of everyday life at the University of Mississippi. Located just off of Fraternity Row, the chapter is centrally located at the heart of the Ole Miss campus. Brothers enjoy the location's convenient proximity to classroom buildings, commuter parking, dining options and athletic facilities. 

Our two-story chapter house will be the permanent residence of 25 brothers in the 2018-2019 school year. The central areas of the house feature common rooms for dining, relaxing, and studying. Chapter meetings and social functions are also held in these spaces each semester. Brothers and guests are often found working on their putting game on our putting green located just inside the front entrance. We are also very proud to claim the biggest fraternity backyard in the SEC!

Recent improvements to the chapter include a newly renovated bathrooms, updated dining room floor tile, repainted dormitory area, living room furniture, and Ole Miss wall art; all which help mold the home away from home for our brothers. In addition, the Beta crest (shown left) has been repainted to continue serving as a fresh centerpiece of our dining room.

IMG_6524

As one of the oldest Greek organizations on the Ole Miss campus, the Beta Beta chapter house has been designated as a Historical Landmark by the Mississippi Department of Archives and History. The marker adorns the front yard of the chapter acknowledging the significance behind the secret origins of the fraternity. The marker reads,

"The Mystical Seven secret fraternal society, founded at Wesleyan University in 1837, established the Temple of the Star here at the University of Mississippi in 1859. In 1879 the Temple of the Star merged its members and rituals with Beta Theta Pi fraternity. It is recognized as one of the oldest Beta Theta Pi chapters and one of the oldest fraternal societies on the campus of Ole Miss."

The chapter became a state-designated historical landmark in 2008.