Community Outreach & Involvement
A dedication to service and philanthropy is one of many ways in which Beta Theta Pi stands out on the Ole Miss campus. The chapter participates in numerous philanthropies and service projects each semester, ranging from small on-campus events to community-wide service collaborations.
Community service and outreach are both important core values of a Beta Theta Pi fraternity man. Here are just a few of the ways we get involved...
- Annual "Dodge for a Cause" dodgeball tournament supporting the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. Our brothers raised over $5,000 in April 2017.
- Lafayette-Oxford-University Relay for Life supporting the American Cancer Society. Over $6,200 was raised towards this effort during the Spring 2017 semester and placed Beta first of 21 teams in the L.O.U. community.
- RebelTHON benefiting our local Children's Miracle Network Hospital. Our Beta team raised over $11,000 during the 2017-18 school year, more than any other fraternity on campus. Brothers enjoyed dancing for 12 hours straight FTK.
- The Ole Miss Big Event
- Kappa Kappa Gamma "Pack-A-Thon" sponsoring Feed the Hunger
- Kappa Delta "Shamrock-N-Roll" backing Prevent Child Abuse America
- Pi Beta Phi "Wing Ching" supporting Read > Lead > Achieve
- Phi Mu "Bonnamu" benefiting LeBonheur Children's Hospital
For questions or inquiries regarding philanthropy and service involvement, please contact our Philanthropy Chairman.